Standish Gate is a development of 19 properties in the beautiful area of Standish, surrounded by fields and rolling hills. As well as this it’s only a short distance from the M5, Gloucester and Stroud.
The land was previously an old farm, due to this it was home to many different species of wildlife including bats and slow worms. As a result of this, we had to implement measures in order to protect their habitats during construction.
Out of the 19 properties at Standish Gate 5 are affordable houses for Gloucester City Homes and the other 14 are up on the open market.
Gloucester City Homes properties include:
- 2 x three-bedroom houses for shared ownership
- 3 x two-bedroom houses for affordable rent
The open-market properties include:
- 2 x two-bedroom bungalows
- 1 x three-bedroom bungalow
- 1 x four-bedroom bungalow
- 4 x three-bedroom house (2 of which are barn conversions)
- 3 x four-bedroom houses (1 of which is a barn conversion)
- 1 x five-bedroom house
- 2 x farmhouse renovations
Development on this site started in November 2016 and the affordable housing side was completed on time in January 2018. The new-build open market homes came to completion in April 2019.
Standish Gate made it to the LABC West of England Awards 2019, shortlisted as a finalist in Best Small New Housing Development and Best Social or Affordable New Housing Development. We are delighted to announce that on the evening it received Highly Commended in the Best Small New Housing Development category, much to the delight of the entire team.